Mother and Baby yoga is a fun and enjoyable way to get to know your baby as well as aid your post-natal recovery. Postures to help muscle tone, offer support for the back and boost energy levels. Fun rhythmic movements to encourage your baby’s development are integral to the class. Feel free to stay after your class for tea and a chat if you fancy.
Movement combined with touch is probably the best stimulation we can offer babies from birth. In baby yoga classes, this stimulation occurs through the mutual involvement of parent and baby at a pace at which the baby can both absorb and integrate it. When adults practise yoga it brings openness within the body and induces a sense of well being. In babies too yoga brings a state of inner contentment and promotes restful sleep. Classes offer playful stimulation for babies through yoga-based exercises. The class also enables the parent or carer to have time to stretch too.
The benefits of baby yoga
- one short session, the baby is given as much physical activity as they would receive if they were handled and carried all day. This activity will help the baby sleep more deeply
- it provides a daily routine of activity through which the parent can engage constructively with their baby from birth
- all the baby’s bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous systems
- baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other, enhancing communication between them
- yoga helps to heal any birth trauma.
- through the high quality attention the baby receives from it’s parents , the baby learns to interact with others and play actively
- the deep relaxation that is part of yoga helps parents cope with the stresses of early parenting
Hannah teaches Mother and Baby yoga at Hove Yoga Studio in Hove, East Sussex. Please see her class schedule for the times of her classes.