Mother and baby yoga by Hannah Waldman of Hove Yoga Studio, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, BN3
BodyOrigami offers a warm
and cosy environment for up to 10 people
Do you want to loosen up those tight mummy shoulders?
Do you want to stretch and relax your baby in a fun hour and 15 minute class?
Do you want a good chinwag with the other mums over tea afterwards?
Mother and Baby yoga is a fun and enjoyable way to get to know your baby as well as aid your post-natal recovery. Classes offer playful stimulation for babies through yoga-based exercises. The class also enables the parent or carer to have time to stretch too.
The stretches will help muscle tone, offer support for the back and boost energy levels. Fun rhythmic movements to encourage your baby’s development are integral to the class. Feel free to stay after your class for tea and a chat.
The classes are designed for babies between 6 weeks of age to (including) those that are able to sit.
Movement combined with touch is probably the best stimulation we can offer babies from birth. In baby yoga classes, this stimulation occurs through the mutual involvement of parent and baby at a pace at which the baby can both absorb and integrate it.
When adults practise yoga it brings openness within the body and induces a sense of well being. In babies too yoga brings a state of inner contentment and promotes restful sleep.
The benefits of baby yoga
- one short session, the baby is given as much physical activity as they would receive if they were handled and carried all day. This activity will help the baby sleep more deeply
- it provides a daily routine of activity through which the parent can engage constructively with their baby from birth
- all the baby’s bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous systems
- baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other, enhancing communication between them
- yoga helps to heal any birth trauma.
- through the high quality attention the baby receives from it’s parents , the baby learns to interact with others and play actively
- the deep relaxation that is part of yoga helps parents cope with the stresses of early parenting
Hannah teaches Mother and Baby yoga at Hove Yoga Studio in Hove, East Sussex. Please see her class schedule for the times of her classes. Please find below the questionnaire you will be asked to fill in before you first class – please feel free to print it so that you can fill it in before coming to your first class.
Download the mother and baby questionnaire and registration form.
“Hannah’s classes are great for both mother & babies! They are fun, relaxed and my baby loved the postures which we have been able to practice at home too. Hannah is friendly and helpful with the babies if you need a helping hand.”
Tania Sierra Measure
“My hour and a half of baby yoga with Hannah on a Monday has been such a lovely start to the week. Time to stretch and relax as well as meet other mums. My baby girl loves the class too- the songs and activities kept her entertained throughout the class. Hannah has a lovely relaxed approach and a good sense of humour (which is very necessary in a class full of babies!) If you are a new mum I highly recommend putting this time aside each week for you and your little one…it is a wonderful pool of calm in a busy and often stressful time.”
“Hannah has a wonderful teaching technique which was so fantastic post-nataly – just the right balance of feeling relaxed but also energised by a class”